My Maamah

Today is Mother’s day…………again. Now I am not a big fan of Mother’s day for two reasons. There are too many and I can’t keep count and very few people care about Father’s day, which is quite unfair considering how hard fathers(note, I said father, not baby’s daddy. big difference) work to provide for their kids. However today’s Daily Post Challenge is dedicated to mothers and we are required to write a letter to our Mothers. So here goes. This is for my MaaMah as I call her.

My MaaMah

Anyone that sees you never fail to tell me. “Aisha, your mother is finer than you o’. Some say it as a matter of fact. Others say it in an attempt to goad me. I smile every time because It is true. Why wouldn’t it be? We did come from you after all, but you are more than just a pretty face.

My MaaMah knows four languages
My MaaMah thinks Heatol can cure any ailment
My MaaMah can change car tyres and Car batteries
My MaaMah fixes the generator
My MaaMah is an amazing tailor
My MaaMah can make any hairstyle
My MaaMah is the hardest worker I know
My MaaMah worries so much about her Kids
My MaaMah would do anything to make us happy
I can never be half the woman you are.
My MaaMah is secretly a super hero

This list is un ending
I know there are times it seems as if we don’t appreciate you. There are times that we rebel (me especially. Can’t help it. I resemble you the most in temperament), but you raised good kids and you would never lack for anything…Ever. Right Now, My only wish is that you live long enough to enjoy the goodies that your kids intend to spoil you with and that you can get to see all your grandkids and great grandkids.

IMG_7259

From your ‘Beybey’ or Aishatu Idrisu as you still call me.

My dear Papa, You are never forgotten. You are one half of the dream Parent team.

25 Comments Add yours

1. Hades says:

hmmmm
    wow…your mum is this awesome & she had Zee as well…wow
    :p

1. herapereira says:

yeah she is, Yeah she did

2. priscilla says:

AwwwWwww,so sweet,mothers,they dnt cm in satchets jare

1. herapereira says:

you have said it all

3. My mother was counseling my older sister on her husband’s infidelity. These words were spoken from their conversation. “Girl, don’t you worry, about him out the with them other women. You just pick up his check, and when the other gals finds out he ain’t got no money. He will come home!” I was the little pitcher with the big ears, hiding in a closet. Maybe nine years old. What do you think about my mom’s advice?

1. herapereira says:

Your mum sounds like a fun lady. lol. Great advice

1. I always felt as if she was condoning his infidelity.

2. herapereira says:

Naa. I get that she is telling her daughter that she cannot control the man. There are three options- Leave, tolerate or get even. And your mum went for No 3, which is by far the coolest option. LOL

3. He died about ten years ago, they were still together.

4. herapereira says:

exactly. He never did leave your sis. Advice worked

5. I didn’t mention that Mom said ” A woman don’t want a broke man.” So is that selling themselves into a relationship? I think that is the world’s oldest profession!

6. herapereira says:

Your mum most likely meant that your late brother in law thought he was a playa for having all those other women, but in reality those women were there for the money. take away the money and he will come home. Genius.

7. bernasvibe May 15, 2:24 pm

Excellent question . And I’ve got a response..How I’d answer when I was 20 years younger; and how I answer today…Be back when time permits to lay it out in full. I do thank you for asking the question and you’ll see why.

This is a another blogger that was sent the same question, if you two haven’t met, them I am introducing to each other. Berna this is Hera, Hera this is Berna! You both have some interesting outlooks on relationships. When I ask my wife about different subjects dealing with women and my observations about my mother, she doesn’t always give an objective view. Many times I’m left with more questions than answers. I was wondering what would happen if each of you took one side of a question, and answered in one blog? For example : “Should a woman marry for love or money?’ One will take money and the other will take love. Alternating paragraphs, The one who starts the blog gets the last words!

8. herapereira says:

what is Berna’s blog address?

9. Berna’s Vibe~The Way I See IT